Thursday, November 4, 2010

Felt like Christmas

Today I got the materials for the kids next Christmas gift. I don't know what to call them really, they are essentially felt paper dolls.  Here they are completed.

All the clothing are individual pieces and for my daughter's I made a blonde wig and a brown one.









Now as for how I made them. It is VERY simple and quick, not to mention inexpensive!


















The materials I used were 8x10 canvases that I got at Michael's a while back on sale (paid under $5 for a set of 3). Hot glue gun and glue and a bunch of sheets of felt. I only spent $2.50 total on the two gifts.

First step pick your background.
Hot glue it to the canvas. I only put the hot glue on the back and tried to make the corners look as nice as possible.




The next step was to create the people. I traced a template from here. I used it to curt out my felt bodies. The clothes and accessories I just got creative with! I hot glued the person to the back ground but not all the clothes so the kids could dress their person up however they want to.
I then hot glued fabric to the back of the canvas board to make a pocket to hold all the pieces!

I just used scrap fabric, you can use a sheet of felt if you wanted.  I really think the kids will like dressing their little people up. I know I am not done making felt clothes for these yet and that is okay by me, I still have tons of felt left!

1 comment:

  1. those are fantastic!! I think I will make one for my daughter thanks for the idea.

    Amanda <3

    ReplyDelete